3D Printers – Overview
- Stereo lithography
- DLP projection
- Poly jet matrix
- Fused deposition modeling
- Selective laser sintering
- Electron beam melting
- Selective laser melting
- Using a 3D modeling program, a new CAD file from scratch ─ is created or scanned.Then, the printer receives the file and as per the design the layers of the object are laid out until the whole object is produced.
- Let’s review some of these in more detail.
- ‘Stereo lithography’ is defined as a method of creating objects by generating its cross-sectional pattern.
- ‘Electron beam melting’ involves melting metal powder in layers in high vacuum through an electron beam.
- ‘Selective laser melting’ involves melting the powder with intense laser beams.
- In case of ‘Fused deposition modeling’ the shape of the printed object can be only of some specific shapes.
- Printers that deal in metal outputs are naturally expensive. The common workaround is to have printers that make moulds and then generate metal parts.
- Resolution of such printers is adequate, but it can be improved by creating an oversize object and using a subtractive process for sizing it down.
- 3D printing shall be used in several domains, such as building constructions, aircraft constructions, and so on to produce objects of any size and quantity. This technology promises to initiates new era as its use becomes more prevalent, rapid, and affordable.
You Might Be Interested In:
- Guardians of Privacy: WhatsApp’s Innovative Move to Shield Profile Photos
- ChatGPT’s Memory Feature: A Deep Dive into Remembering and Forgetting
- The Rise of Gemini: Google’s AI Bard Shed Its Skin and Became Your Chatbot Partner
- Troubleshooting the Samsung S24 Ultra Display: Common Issues and Quick Fixes
Frequently Asked Questions?
Guardians of Privacy: WhatsApp’s Innovative Move to Shield Profile Photos
Feb 29, 2024
AI & ML
ChatGPT’s Memory Feature: A Deep Dive into Remembering and Forgetting
Feb 28, 2024
The Rise of Gemini: Google’s AI Bard Shed Its Skin and Became Your Chatbot Partner
Feb 27, 2024
The Sharding Revolution: Accelerating Ethereum Transactions into the Future
Feb 25, 2024
SUSBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our subscribers list to get the latest news and special offers.